Sunday, November 9, 2008
Pirate Birthday Party
On Oct. 03 Heith and Haiden turned 3 years old. Wow, how time flies! I'd been seeing lots of really cute pirate things so we decided to throw them a big pirate birthday party... with lots of little friends. We invited 3 neighbor kids: Jayce, Ellie, and Greg. The Griffins and Monsons were nice enough to make the trip from Provo, so we also had Adam and Nicole their kids Nadia, and Sonata, Mindy and her two sons Carter, and Eli. Grammy Tami came up early that day to help me wrap presents, finish getting ready for the party, and cook dinner. Papa John and Nana(Grandma Kathy) were also nice enough to come. We had a surprise visit from Brians sister Priscilla and her family Eric, Caleb, Kaitlyn, Jared, and their two foster kids Destiny and Ravin all the way from Pocatello, ID. That means we had a total of 24 people at our birthday party.
It was such a fun little party!! When most of the kids had arrived we made our very own pirate maps, then we played pin the eye patch on the pirate, followed by pirate toss (oh yes there's more), playing in the bouncy house and on the pirate playhouse. When the kids were hungry enough to stop playing we ate pirate pasta with cannon balls, salad, garlic bread, and punch. I actually found pasta in the shape of pirates!! When everyone was done eating we broke open the pinata for lots of candy. We also went on a treasure hunt where the kids found their goody bags in a treasure chest. It was almost 8pm at that time so we had cake and ice cream and sent the neighbor kids home.
The last thing left for the kids to do was open presents. Heith and Haiden each got a back pack, book, bath toy, and guitar from Brian and I. My mom got them each a play dishes set. A little neighbor kid got them a pack of cars, and another one got them a box of candy. Nana Kathy got them a binder filled with pictures of their cousins. Nicole and Mindy got them each a cars back pack filled with lots of fun stuff... they like the cars one better than what Brian and I got them. They were also lucky enough to receive Birthday Cards in the mail from Grandma K, and Grandma Trisha. They have mauled the card until they were unrecognizable.
It was such a fun day!! The first birthday party the boys have had where they weren't sleepy, or sick. I hope next year is just as much fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
The cakes are so adorable! Did you make them? It sounds like everyone had a fun time! We have a little present for each of them, it will be coming in the mail soon. They are growing up so fast!
It is fun to see pictures of the party that I didn't get to go to. I still have some gifts for the boys, I will have to get off my lazy butt and send them in the mail....one day. Give the boys hugs for us!
Yeah, I made each boy his very own cake. Thanks I thought they were fun, the better thing was that they tasted good. I should have put this info in my post but when you wait to long to blog, you can't find anything to journal about.
Post a Comment