Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Brian Graduated





Brian graduated from ALS (Airmen Leadership School) last Thursday night. It was an event worth celebrating. This class proved to be a huge challenge for our family, with Brian deploying soon and all the regular holiday rush. However at the award ceremony/dinner I figured that I had probably taken the wrong attitude toward his class. I was frustrated and very bugged about the timing of everything, and I finally realized had I supported my husband during his class he would have done better academically. Brian got 90's on all his tests, speeches, and assignments, but that was not good enough to get any extra awards or recognition. Not really a big deal other than it was Brian's goal to do well enough for an extra award, and this is the first class/school that he has not been given extra recognition. Poor Brian is always effected by me learning little life lessons. I guess that is just part of being married.
Attending Brian's graduation was of course me, his mother Kathy, my mom Tami, and my brother Rustin, Ashley watched the twins. His dad was unable to make it to his graduation due to church meetings. At his graduation we sat at a table with three of his supervisors and I met his first shirt and commander. All of these men were there just to support Brian in completing this class and making Staff Sergeant. Now we are looking forward to when Brian actually sews on Staff... it's not the extra responsibilities we are looking forward to, it's the money!! Anytime Brian can trade a good test score for a raise is a good thing!

6 comments:

Nana+Papa said...

Congrats Brian - the brains will ALWAYS pay off. Dad again expresses regret that he couldn't make it, but we love the pictures. You're doing a great job. XOXO Mom

Darcy said...

Brian congrats on graduating! You must be so relieved it's over. When do you sew on?

Erin said...

Congrats Brian! That's so exciting!

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

that's really great about brian's graduation. i know what you mean brandi, but you really DO support your husband so much. i can see it every time you are with each other. i wish you the very best of luck during these next few months. know that many people are praying for you and your family. you are a strong girl and you can do hard things!

Amanda said...

Hey Brandi this is Amanda Brown from El Paso.. My sisters ran across your blog so I figured that I would write to you and see how you are doing. I will keep Brian in my prayers... We should get together sometime, I live in Logan but am down in SLC all the time, and Mindi Macdonald lives in Lehi and a bunch of others... Well I hope you hear from ya soon! It would be great to catch up on things-- its been a while, well since your wedding to be exact!!!

brownbaby16.blogspot.com

Karon said...

Atta boy Brian. We are all proud of you in Colorado. Grandma K