
This is a countdown candle that we found, and we light it everyday to burn while we read a Christmas story or scripture to the boys.

These are some of our favorite books.

This is Brian reading to the boys from The First Christmas Story Book.

Brian had a hard time keeping the boys interested in the story, so he had to use gestures to keep them looking at the book. They were very intrigued by the light.

The boys had a fun time listening to the story of Christmas, and they're happy to listen to a story each night while the candle is lit. It really calms them down at night to get ready for bed.
After we read them their story, we held them for a little while and started singing "Silent Night." Just like dogs howling at sirens, they howled as they tried to sing along to the song. It was pretty funny, and we could barely finish the song because we were laughing.
4 comments:
that is such a fun idea! i love how brian's reading to those boys. johnny tries to read books to sol too, but he's not so good at really being to interested yet either. he just likes spending time listening to dad talk to him.
That's so funny Brandi! (About the boys howling). Great idea about the candle.
I don't know how it is possible but the boys look even more grown up than the last set of pictures. Tell them to slow down. :) They are so cute and I can't wait to get to hug them and play with them after Christmas! I love that you are starting new traditions with them, we are trying to think of a few of our own - but we have another year or two before Raine will notice...
I love the idea of reading stories and yes, they really are learning. A favorite trick of mine with a houseful of kids was to nurse the baby while I had scripture tapes playing. For one thing, it let the other kids know I was busy and I think the spoken word is very soothing to a baby. That's why Brian is smart, because he started learning so young!
Post a Comment