Sunday, May 25, 2008

Daddy's Home


After nearly five months, Daddy has finally come home from Iraq. I flew in to Utah early in the morning on May 24, and Brandi and the boys had to stay up late to pick me up. I was supposed to land at 12:30 am, but they ended up waiting until I landed at 1:15 am. Brandi tells me that it was worth the wait. Heith could've partied all night long. He was standing in his stroller chair waving his flag as the plane pulled up. Haiden would have rather been asleep, but he was very happy to see Daddy come out of the airplane. In fact, that's all he said until he fell asleep in car on the way to Tami's. After having a quick reunion with Air Force leadership, we drove home and got to Tami's around 4 am.



I've enjoyed being back in America, and I'm grateful for the safety that was with me and my family while I was in Iraq. On Saturday night, we had a birthday picnic for my dad at the park by his house. The boys had a fun time playing on the playground and swings. We look forward to moving back into our house next week. Oh, one thing that Brandi was jealous of about my trip back from Iraq was the layover we had in Ireland. I now owe her a trip to the UK, but who's complaining, we'd both love to go. We're all just happy to be together again. Thanks for the prayers, love, and support.


Here's a link to KSL's coverage of our return home: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3382176

5 comments:

Verna said...

We are so glad you are back home safe and sound! I am jealous of your Ireland layover too! The boys are looking so grown up, I love their hair cuts! Too cute!!
Love - Verna, Dan & Raine

Priscilla said...

Yay! Welcome home Brian! I enjoyed hearing your stories of life in Iraq. :)

Jessica said...

Welcome home. We're so glad you're safe and sound!

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

yea!! we are so glad that you are back safe and sound. i bet that brandi is VERY happy too. hopefully we'll get to catch up with all of you whenever we make our next trip out to utah.

MarketingforMillionaires. said...

What a happy reunion! We prayed for you in Iraq and now we'll pray for you at home. It was great to see you all. XOXO Mom and Dad