Friday, July 11, 2008

Edible Play Dough






Yesterday for snack I made edible play dough (which is equal parts peanut butter, honey, and powdered milk). After rolling it into balls, patting it out, and cutting it with cookie cutters, we ate it with animal crackers and apples. The boys had a really fun time playing with their food, plus they also thought it tasted good.
Ours was kind of runny because I used organic peanut butter that isn't very thick. Its looks really messy, but it was easy to clean up. It will definitely be something we will do again. Even Brian, after a bad day at work, ate some and it made him happy.

3 comments:

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

what a fun idea!! it looks delicious. i'll have to try it when sol's a little older. those boys are so cute!

Nana+Papa said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe for fun entertainment. I love that it's mix-roll-cut-play-eat! Such a simple pleasure. You really ought to be a pre-school teacher!

Verna said...

That is such a good idea! I remember doing that when I was a kid, I'll have to make some for Raine! Those boys are just the cutest! I can't wait to see them again!