Thursday, June 5, 2008
Big Boy Beds
About a month ago, my mom and I went to R.C. Willey's (its a furniture store in Utah) to check out beds for the boys. The last bed they slept in at our house, was one crib for the two of them, and due to the age and size of Heith and Haiden, the crib has been retired. Anyway back to my story, we were looking for a bed that would be functional, durable, and look nice too. We found plenty rejects, let me tell you, but as fate would have it, I found a bed that was functional, durable, and very nice looking. One reason we picked this bed was, it can be a bunkbed, but as you can see it can also be two seperate beds. Now, while the boys are too little to have someone sleep on the top bunk we have both beds set up on the floor. And as they get older and need more space in there bedroom we will stack the beds. My hope is that these will be the only beds we have to buy for our kids while they live in our house... just cause they are so sturdy, and beds are expensive. But on the off chance that that wont happen, the beds would also look nice in a little girls room, if need be.
If you were looking at the pictures and wonder where the heck the rest of there stuff is... well at our house we don't believe in having toys in our childrens rooms. Because we have twins every night is a slumber party... so the less things in there rooms to play with the better. We have a cold storage closet downstairs in our family room that keeps some of there toys that they play with, when we are all downstairs. We have also moved our office into our family room which freed up the bedroom right next to the boys. In this room we have a rocking chair (from when they were babies), an indoor climber, some rocking horses, a bunch of books, and movies. This room is where they will play when I am upstairs and busy or they are just bored. My hope is to be able to open the new toy room door and let the kids play while I cook, clean or do whatever I do without worrying about them getting into something they shouldn't or being under my feet. I moved the office downstairs so that while I was working on the computer I wasn't shut off to the boys. In the downstairs toy closet they have puzzels, cars, balls, dress up stuff, and coloring/activity things. There table and chairs is right next to my desk, so they can be doing just what mommy does.
Since we are still in the "move in" stage, the boys room will have there dresser in it along with decor on the walls, and curtains on the windows. But thats all we will have in there room, beds, blankets, clothes, dresser, rug, decor, and curtains. Im really excited about it, I think it will be very nice looking. Also, I'm in the middle of quilting twin sized blankets for each of their beds. It will match the decor on the wall and the color of there sheets. Plus its homemade with love from their mom, it cant get much better than that. I hope to get them finished soon, but I know I won't be able to start working on them again until we're done moving in.
As far as the boys thoughts on there new beds, they love them. Cause we keep telling them that they are there new big boy beds. They are also pretty comfy too! My mom has been saving the mattresses for me for almost 2 years. Thanks Mom! As far as I can tell they really like them cause they haven't given Brian, or I any fits about going to bed (which is really nice)! Another way I know they like them is every time Haiden goes into his bedroom he tells me, "cute, mommy cute." They are so funny, we are happy to all be home, and getting settled. Look for updates on the quilts, potty training (its coming soon... we bought the potties yesterday), riding bikes and lots of other fun and crazy things this summer.
BTW: these pictures were taken of their first night on their big boy beds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
They look so tiny in the bed! When I saw the first pic, I almost thought it was a really nice toddler bed but then you see the boys in the bed. That puts it sll in perspective! So glad they love the beds!
Post a Comment