Elder Rustin Hocker
After much preparation and waiting (for braces to come off, surgery, and mission paperwork) Rustin received his call. He will serve in the Columbus, Ohio Spanish speaking mission. He is to report to the Provo MTC on Sept. 10, where he will spend two and a half months learning the language. He is very excited about his call, and can hardly wait for September to get here.
This picture is of the guessing map, that we had pins in to guess where he might get called. I think the closest person was Verna in Toronto, Canada, but he had guesses all over the board.
This picture was of Rustin holding his mission call before he opened it, waiting for all our family and friends to get to the house, so he could open it.
3 comments:
Congratulations to Rustin! That is so awesome! Remember that this is the same mission where both Mike and Erin Miller served (and met). But they weren't Spanish-speaking.
There is a laurel in my YW class who just sent her boyfriend to this mission too (about a month ago) and I think that he may be Spanish-speaking. I will find out what his name is.
Congrats though!
Now that I think about it, I am pretty sure that Mike and Erin both went to Cleveland Ohio, not Columbus.
How exciting! I think my guess was in Canada too- in Alberta. Not very close to Ohio. Congrats to Rustin!
Post a Comment