Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sailor Coats


I love my boys I really do (I'm just out numbered!). When I was pregnant with the twins and I still didn't know what I was having, I was excited to think of dressing two girls in cute little dresses with beautiful overcoats... So of course when I found out we were having twin boys I was a little sad to think of all the cute clothes I would miss out on. And every time I walk by one of those stores in the mall and see a cute sailor coat for a little girl, my bottom lip would get big and I would remember why I wanted girls... there is a happy ending to this story. And it goes something like, a few months ago I was at a store with a 50% off sale and what did they have but two cute sailor outfits in my boys size. It was like a sign from heaven saying Brian and I really were supposed to have twin boys.
And the reason we dressed them in this outfit today was because Brian is going to ALS (Airman Leadership School), it's a class he has to take in preparation for sewing on Staff Sergeant (in many months). Anyway he had to wear his Blues this week which is a rare occurrence so I thought I would dress the boys in there little sailor jackets and snap a few pictures. Last night we were trying to find a nice pic of Brian and the boys, well there wasn't one. Lots of pictures with Brian half naked at the beach with the boys, but no nice ones.
So now you know the rest of the story.

3 comments:

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

i know exactly how you feel about the girl clothes thing! it seems like all my girlfriends were having girls and shopping for such cute clothes...i really think that they've come out with a lot better boy clothes now and your boys look so adorable in them! love the sailor suits.

Verna said...

I think they look quite handsome! Those coats are so cute! Before we found out we were having a girl I wouldn't even allow myself to look at the girl clothes because I didn't want to know what I was missing if we had a girl. ;)

Verna said...

oops... if we had a boy.