
At 2:00pm in the afternoon I was called by Brian's supervisor, he sounded frantic looking for Brian. Well for some reason this wasn't the first time they've called like this in the last week. Brian's at ALS (Airmen Leadership School) and he is hard to get a hold of, its a real class/ school so they require cell phones to be turned off! Brian is a hard worker and a real asset to his job. He strives at knowing everything!! Which drives me crazy, cause that is not how the standard Air Force member feels about his/her job. Since Brian is a know it all, he gets a lot of phone calls from people at work that don't know how to do their job. Anyway, so I thought it was just another one of those calls. I assured Brian's supervisor that I would give Brian the message as soon as possible, and that he would be home in about an hour or so. His supervisor didn't seem calmed by my answer, and said, "its really important." I once again said, "I would try my best to get a hold of him ASAP." His supervisor then said, "well I just want you to know, Brian is deploying."
If some of you are shocked by this response well, so was I. I couldn't say much, actually I'm not quite sure how the conversation ended probably with me stammering. I know that he will probably live through this experience, la dee da... that isn't what I'm worried about. Of course I'm worried if the boys and I will survive, selfish I know. Brian is a great dad and a wonderful husband a real asset to our family! So while he is off saving the world, we will really miss him.
Just so you all know this is the revised story... mine was much better and more interesting with lots of details and I guess a huge security risk. :)
3 comments:
I love it, "and I guess a huge security risk." So classic.
I am very sad that Brian will be deployed after all. It was comforting (for awhile) to know that he wasn't going to have to leave. But alas, we knew the time would come. But that is what your extended family is for...support during struggles. We're here for you Brandi.
I had to laugh at that part too- "huge secrity risk." Ditto what Marie said. We'll get together and scrapbook and have some good old fashioned fun!
sad! when is he leaving? will he be around for christmas? although it's not very fun, it is a very noble thing to be able to serve your country in such a way. brian always has been a good asset to those he's worked with, and i'm sure he'll continue to be while he's deployed. just make sure he doesn't do his job too well-they might not ever let him come back!
Post a Comment