Monday, January 7, 2008

Falling Apart

Yesterday we went to all of church, which means the boys spent two hours in the nursery (my friend calls it the cesspool). And just like clock work at 8pm today Heith got a raging fever. The good news is that they made a cute crown while at nursery that says, "I am a child of God." It even has there pictures on it. They were both very proud to wear them.
Twins!! Haiden got a cut on his right thumb by playing with scissors while I wasn't looking. It wasn't a bad cut I had a feeling to check on him and asked him to drop the scissors before he could get cut worse. Now the reason I used the word twins was because not two hours later Heith got his right thumb pinched and it tore a little piece of skin off his finger. They are both wearing matching band aides on the same finger. Things like this often happen to our kids... what a funny bond to have been created at the same time.
I don't know why but for some reason both of my boys are getting a little dry skin rash on there faces. I think its a combo of the cold weather and always having to wipe there little faces with aloe tissues. I have been treating it with a vitamin e creme. I think I'm seeing an improvement but I've only been doing it for a day... time will tell. The truth is that we miss our DADDY and we are just falling apart without him. Mommy is really trying but its very hard to blog and watch the kiddos ;) No really I can't be everywhere at all the right times. Hopefully we are on the mend.

4 comments:

Verna said...

You are doing a great job, they are both still in one piece (minus a little skin ;). The crowns are pretty darn cute! I hope Heith gets better and he doesn't get too sick. I got this great stuff for Raine's face because sometimes she gets rough, dry, red cheeks it seems to work really well: Johnson's soothing naturals soothe and protect balm (it is in a little stick almost the size of a travel size deoderent). It smells really good too.

Priscilla said...

Yep- that's a twin thing! That's so cool they have that special bond.

Nana+Papa said...

Boys will be boys! And watching is learning, copying is cool. Just be glad they've having minor crises!

Marie said...

I can imagine that you are all falling apart! I'm sure that it is especially hard for the boys that Brian is gone. No father figure, no seeing him as usual, no hugs and kisses. So sad. That just means that we all need to step in and help fill that void until Brian is back.

Love you guys!