As most of you know, I have moved out of my house to rent it while Brian is gone. It will be nice to be at my moms, not so lonely! It will probably help the time go by faster. And then there is always $... It will be so nice to have someone paying our house payment!! I plan to keep pretty busy while Brian is gone. I have a friend that just moved from Colorado to Lehi (near my mom), I would like to start a mommy and me class with the boys, and then a few trips here and there (camping, Colorado, and who knows what else). I've even kicked the idea around about working (calling my old clinic up to see if they could use help), but I don't want to make to many changes all at once. Things like that are hard on little kids. But of course first things first... I had to find renters, move out (which was no small task... thanx to all the help!), and clean all the spots that can't be cleaned/or are hard to clean while furniture is in the way. And I'm DONE!! YIPPEE!The above picture shows our humble home and all the snow (a lot had already melted, imagine that). Papa John and Chris spent about 3 hours clearing off one drive way (I have two but there wasn't enough time for both of them... now its my renters problem!). I felt bad how long and hard they worked shoveling, their poor backs! Just an FYI... it has snowed where Brian is, kind of crazy huh.
This is the master bathroom... and that shower had hard water spots all over it because Brian is in to big of a hurry to wipe if off each time he showered (he wont be to busy after it took me a couple hours to clean). Nothing a little CLR (calcium, lime, and rust) and elbow grease couldn't fix! Now its spotless!!
I love to cook... its fun and relaxing (most of the time). I enjoy it because I can use my creativity and make fun looking and good tasting food. If anyone had tips about getting kids to eat the fun and tasty food please let me know! Anyway, the bad part is that I'm a very messy cook. The oven was covered with black burnt on food. Spray a little oven cleaner on, leave it over night, and wa la... spotless. So clean you could eat off of it!The funny story about the oven is that, when you clean it that good it makes you feel accomplished. It sounds crazy, but its true. My friend Darcy told me that one time and I always thought she was kind of strange, until I cleaned my dirty oven this week... Darcy you're a genius! My mom said, "that's great," when I told her how it made me feel. She then said, "you can feel that way again, when you clean mine." My response to her was that I didn't want to clean her oven because then she wouldn't get the feelings of accomplishment!!
This is my fridge... of course. And it wasn't really messy but it did seem to sparkle!! I took pictures to document everything in the house, so I'm legally covered. And I just love how white it is... spotless!
So anyone that knows me very well, knows that I'm kind of a germaphobe. I'm not horrible, but I did pay $50 for an hypoallergenic bed cover (Brian just be glad I didn't get the one that cost $100, more money could mean less germs)... so I don't have to share my renters germs. I also wash my hands until they are cracked and bleeding, I don't like eating at other peoples homes (it actually gives me anxiety attacks), and I keep my house pretty clean (minus all the dog hair! darn dogs). Moving out was a big pain in the butt! However, I am so excited to have all of my stuff out to sterilize the house. I'm hoping that the renters keep it pretty clean but I'm planning on spending a day to deep clean before I move in... very exciting to me! Kind of like a fresh start.
1 comment:
Wow! Good for you Brandi! I need to clean mine too but it's never been a good time. Too much going on!
Post a Comment